General Rules for all Classes as Follows:
1. All cars must have fuel cell. Cells must have a minimum 1 ¾”
steel tubing rear protector.
2. All drivers must have approved fire suit, and approved helmet.
NO FULL SUIT NO RACING!!!!!
3. With gloves, shoes, and other fire protection highly recommended.
4. Fire extinguisher must be mounted in the reach of the driver.
5. Racing seat with approved 5 point or greater restraint system,
and quick release window net required.
6. Battery shut off with off and on labeled.
7. At least 3 bars in front of driver in place of windshield, or mesh
wire in place of windshield, visiting cars that run on asphalt will
be allowed lexan windshields.
8. Hoods and trunks must have positive fasteners, and doors welded shut.
9. Tow chains on the front and rear.
10. Jack Stands must be used when working under car.
11. Exhaust must exit behind driver’s compartment.
12. Driveshaft must be painted white, no aluminum or carbon fiber
13. Driveshaft hoop: minimum 2’ x 3/16 steel and go completely
14. Weight must be painted white and have car # painted on each piece
15.ALL DIVISIONS EXCEPT CRATES - MIRRORS & RADIOS ARE ALLOWED
16. ANY DRIVER BRINGING OUT THE CAUTION FOR NO REASON WILL BE PUT A LAP DOWN.....
Flag and Protest Procedures as Follows:
Red Flag – Stop as soon and as safe as possible. No working on cars
on track during red flag unless directed to do so by officials.
Yellow Flag – Caution is out, slow down as soon and as safe as possible.
Possible wreck and possible officials and wreckers on the track.
Black Flag – When rolled up, this is just a warning that you are being watched.
You are not required to stop.
When Black Flag is waving at you, you are being instructed to go to the pit area
for repairs or consultation. If you do not heed the Black Flag in three laps you
will be disqualified.
Blue/Yellow Flag – This is a “move-over” flag, you are being instructed to go to
the inside of the track and hold you line because the leaders are approaching.
If you do not heed this flag, you will be black-flagged.
blue light under flag stand also means same as above.
Green Flag – Starts and restarts the race.
White Flag – One lap to go. After white flag is displayed cars will be scored as
they come across for the checkered.
Checkered Flag – End of Race.
Visual protest must be made before HEATS OR TIME TRIALS begins.$25.00 TO THE TRACK
The top three finishing cars will go to the impound area immediately following the event. The Technical Inspector will be checking several things for legality on the impounded race cars.
Any protest must come within 5 minutes of the checkered flag, be written out on paper, and be accompanied by protest fee.
Protest fee is top end= $200.00 with $150.00 ACCEPTENCE FEE,and $150.00 going to track ,Bottom end=$400.00 with $200.00 acceptence fee with $200.00 going to the track for performing the inspection. If found illegal the driver in question will be disqualified from the nights events and loose all moneys and points received.
Race Procedures as Follows:
1. Initial start will be double file.
2. If a driver jumps the start they will be placed at the rear of the field.
3. The flagman STARTS the race.
4. Any restarts, the leader will be able to start the race between CONES on back stretch...
5. Car involved in a caution after the first green flag lap is complete will
go to the rear of the field.
6. Cars will be lined up after caution by reverting back to the last completed lap.
7. No stopping on track to argue about position will be tolerated. Our scores
will line you up in the proper position.
8. Minor damage will be checked out by track officials, if officials instruct
you to go off the track for repairs, you are to do so.
9. Slower cars are to honor the “move-over” flag.
10. Rough driving will not be tolerated. A rolled up black is your first and
11. ANY ONE FUSSING AT OFFICIALS WILL BE BANNED
12. Any driver intentionally hitting another car during a caution will be dealt
with through disqualification, fines, or suspension.
13. Three unassisted spins and you will be black flagged for the night.
14. Any driver not slowing down for a caution will be sent to the pits.
15. When a caution does come out, all cars are to hold their position on the
track and slow down safely.
16. Any car taking the leader out on the last lap is subject to being disqualified.
-If there are any disagreements and/or altercations between a driver and track official, the driver will be immediately be sent to the rear of the field. Any further disagreement and/or altercation after this penalty will result in removal from the speedway. Please make note that all drivers are responsible for actions of any of their pit area members of their team and family. These changes are being made and enforced to ensure the best family environment possible as this is for your benefit as well as the safety of track officials.
-Drivers and crew members, please be sure that you are aware of the schedule.
2012 fms crate late model rules.....
le of events for each night you attend. There are copies available as you come in so there should be no question when you should be staged and ready for your event. If you are not ready when it is time to go out on the speedway then you will forfeit your starting position and will start from the rear, no exceptionsAll Rules Are At The Discretion of FMS(FRIENDSHIP MOTOR SPEEDWAY) OfficialsThe rules and/or regulations set forth herein do not express or imply warranties of safety, from publication, or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide fo r the conduct of the FMS and are inno way a guarantee against injury to participants.These rules and/or regulations will apply at all FMS CRATE LATE MODEL events.FMS Officials will have full authority over said FMS CRATE events, and in the event of any dispute, the RaceDirector’s decision will be final.FMS Officials reserve the right to change, delete or amend the rules in the interes t of “competition.”All FMS CRATE late models are subject to be inspected by the FMS officials at any time during the event.In the case of a fine, NO driver will be allowed to race in the FMS CRATE LATE MODELS until all fines have been paid in full. FMS. is responsible for the payment of the purse.Conduct Rules*Driver's refusal of any pre-race inspection or post-race inspection by any FMS official(s) will be disqualified immediately and BANNED FOR 365 DAYS and a $5000.00 fine. No points awarded. No starting monies.
* Any drivers or crew member that puts their foot on the race track without the assistance of a FMS Official will be disqualified immediately. No points awarded. No starting monies. This does not include fire or safety instances.*Any driver that removes his/her helmet or breaks his/her seatbelts will be disqualified immediately. No points awarded. No starting monies.
* Any person fighting will be fined $500.00 for the first offense; $1000.00 for the second offense; and $2500.00 forthe third offense. That driver or car will not race again until the fine as been paid in full. No points or moneyawarded for that event.Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated on or off the track while attending an event.*Any driver that is black flagged and does not adhere to the flag, will be fined $500.00. No points awarded. No starting monies.*Two (3) unassisted spins per racing event, you are out for that racing event. Three spins will be allowed if you areinvolved with other cars.*Pulling hoods or anything that constitutes actual race performance will be considered stopping on the track andresult in going to the rear!!!!*ANY person “touching” an Official at ANYTIME will be disqualified. Loss of 100 points and monies for that event and$500.00 fine.* Drivers are responsible for ALL persons within their team.FMS CRATE LATE MODEL RULESANY CAR, TEAM AND/OR DRIVER THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR EQUIPMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AS DETERMINED BY THE FMS. OFFICIALS.ENGINES*The GM Performance Parts 602 crate engine (GM Part No. 88958602) or the GM Perform ance Part 604 crateengine (GM Part No. 88958604) will be the only two (2) engines permitted for competition . All engines and allcomponents must remain in their original configuration and form as purchased and/or delivered from the factory.Any changes will result in disqualification from the event. Any alterations to the engine will NOT be permitted.Unless done by certified gm crate engine builder for example (heintz performance,hendrens race engines,race one,steves head shed,etc) must have gm,ndra,fastrak,or nesmith seals.. MUST STAY WITHIN GM SPECS FROM THERE BOOK..NO RM SEALS ALLOWED!!!!*Changes and/or alteration to the engine, intake manifold, cylinder heads, valve covers, valve components, frontcover, oil pan, harmonic balancer and/or any parts on or in the engine will NOT be permitted.FMS. reserve the right to impound any engine at any time for competition analysis and for inspection.Failure to allow the engine to be retained for the impounded procedure will result in disqualification from the eventand BANNED FOR 365 DAYS PLUS $5000.00 FINE. The engine that has been impounded will retain all components as the engine wasreceived from the factory or on a factory sale list.*Any part that has been tampered with and/or removed will result in an immediate penalty. BANNED FOR 365 DAYS PLUS $5000.00 FINE....Distributor / Ignition*Magnetos will NOT be permitted.*Electronic ignition will be permitted.*MSD-type OK*Must be single ignition only. NO crank triggers or devices that allow external adjustment of timing.* FMS retains the right to change MSD boxes with any car at any time without notice.Carburetors*Any 750 CFM or smaller Carburetor will be permitted. The carburetor must have a maximum 1-11/16th (standard)base plate. NO EXCEPTIONS.*604 - 1" (one inch) carb spacer maximum (0 TOLERANCE)602 - 2" (two inch) carb spacer maximum(0 TOLERANCE)* Please take time to check your plate with a gauge, not a tape measure.*Spacer may not protrude into carb or intake at any point.One gasket per surface - .070 maximum .*No fuel injection, nitrous oxide or other type system allowed.*Two throttle springs strongly recommended.* Aerosol carbs are not legal.Oil Pumps*Wet sump only.*No external oil pumps. Even if considered “wet”.* Remote oil filter and lines permitted. One remote oil filter and one cooler allowed.Fuel Systems*Mechanical fuel pump only.*Fuel injection system(s) and/or electrical fuel pumps and/or any type of pressurized fuel system will not bepermitted.Fuel*Methanol and/or alcohol not allowed.*E-85 Ethanol is legal.* FMSretains the right to check fuel at anytime.*Propylene, nitro methane, nitro propane or any cancer causing agents are illegal. Use of propylene, nitromethane, nitro propane or any cancer causing agents will result in a $1000 fine.Electronic Devices*No electronic devices allowed on any car thereby enhancing adjustment of that car.*All electronic and/or computerized wheel spin and/or ignition retardation and/or acceleration limiting and/or tractioncontrol devices of any type will not be permitted.*Adjustable restrictor plates will not be permitted.*Adjustable ping control devices, dial a chip controls, timing controls and/or automated throttle controls will not bepermitted.*Electronic brake “cut off” legal on right front only.*No remote control devices allowed on any car during any event.*No electronic devices controlling shocks.*Radios and/or devices for transmitting voice and/or data will not be permitted.* Data acquisition systems will not be permitted.Evacuation SystemsEVACUATION SYSTEMS ARE NOT ALLOW ED OF ANY TYPE!! Note: This means any type vacuum system. Includes vacuum from that breather system and/or any other means of “pressure evacuation”.Headers*The exhaust flow must be parallel to the ground. Exhaust systems that direct the flow toward the ground will notbe permitted.*All exhaust systems/headers must end with a collector.*Tri-Y headers are not legal.Transmission/Driveline and Driveline Components*Direct drive systems of any-type will not be permitted.*The transmission must be bolted to the engine. It must have forward and working reverse gear(s) and must beable to shift to forward or reverse with engine running.*Any transmission without “exotic materials” allowed.
* Automatic transmissions allowed.*Air shifters not allowed.* Carbon fiber, aluminum or steel drive shafts permitted.Rear Ends*Any standard Quick Change Rear End.*No open type (sprint car) rear ends.*Traction control not permitted.*9" Ford rear end or similar type rear end not permitted.*No titanium moving parts within rear end including wheel studs.*Live-axle type rear ends will not be permitted.*Independent rear suspensions will not be permitted.* Floater-type wide-five hub assemblies will be the only hub assemblies permitted.Brakes*All cars must have operational 4 (four) wheel braking systems.*Electric or manual proportioning valve permitted.* Carbon fiber, titanium or other exotic materials are not legal.TiresOnly the Hoosier FT 200-FT 400 OR GOODYEAR G45-G50 will be permitted for competition.,ALL UNTOUCHED,THE FT400 ONLY may be grooved to fastrak specs...
.*Only approved tires will be permitted for use in competition.*Tires may be checked by officials at any time.*Tires may be marked at discretion of FMS . (Paint marks or other means of identification.)*Tires may be confiscated by FMS at any time.*Tires may be checked by independent lab for “treating” and other alterations..*CHEMICAL ALTERATIONS, VULCANIZING, TIRE SOFTENING, TIRE LATHING, DEFACINGAND/OR ALTERING THE FACE OF THE TIRE LETTERING AND/OR TIRE STAMPING WILL NOT BEPERMITTED. If found illegal the penalties are as follows :
1st Offense: The minimum penalty will be $1000.00 fine, loss of 500 points and a loss in all earned purse money for the event night. 2nd Offense: The minimum penalty will be $2000.00 fine, loss of all 800 points and a loss in all earned purse money for the event nightand a two (2) race event suspension. 3rd Offense: The minimum penalty will be $3000.00 fine , loss of 1200 points and a loss in all earned purse money for the event night and one (1) year 365 days suspension from the date of occurrence. Any issued penalty may include and will not be limited to asuspension of the car, driver, car owner, from participation in any FMS event.
100LP WEIGHT BREAK FOR GOODYEARS...
TIRES $125 EACH
1). $200 anything on outside the bolts. $100 acceptance fee with $100 going to track or series (3 items)
2). $400 inside the bolts (top end). $150 acceptance fee with $150 going to track or series (3 items)
3). $1,000 all the way through the engine ($200 to go to track or series). This includes pulling the cam out of the engine. (Engine will be confiscated and taken to a appointed certified GM rebuilder. FMS will set up a time to review/tech the engine.
ALL PARTS THAT ARE FOUND ILLEGAL WILL BE DESTROYED AT TRACK FOR ALL TO SEE....
(A) General Motors (GM) 88968602 engine: $3600 ($3500 to driver & $100 to track)
(B) General Motors (GM) 88958604 engine: $5600 ($5500 to driver & $100 to track)
BODY RULES SAME AS FASTRAK & NDRA.....