2019 EXTREME 4 RULES (FWD)
STOCK UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. IF IT IS NOT IN THE RULES ASK THE TECH MEN!
1. 1980 or newer front wheel drive, 4 Cylinder passenger cars only. No all wheel drive or all wheel steering allowed. No station wagons, vans or pick-up trucks.
2. Body must maintain original dimensions, standard as from the manufacturer. Original body material may be patched / replaced with sheet metal as long as original body lines remain.
3. Floor pan, trunk pan, front and rear inner wheel wells must remain stock and in stock location. Patching where rusted out portions exist may use 22 gauge steel.
4. Interior trim must be removed. (carpet, headliner, side panels, etc). Any material which is flammable must be removed.
5. Hood must be held shut with at least 2 hood pins.
6. Must add at least 3 crash bars in front of driver. All glass must be removed from car.
7. Fabricated dash board OK.
8. Rear seat and passenger seat must be removed and a minimum 20 gage sheet metal cover to form a rear fire wall installed to seal rear area of inside of car from trunk area.
9. Doors must remain in stock location.
10. Doors must be welded shut in an approved manner.
11. Doors may be OEM or sheet metal retaining OEM body lines.
12. Fenders and quarter panels MAY NOT be trimmed for tire clearance.
13. The inner fenders/wheel wells must remain stock and un-altered.
14. Must have at least one hoop bar with 3 door bars on driver’s door. Must have seamless steel tubing 4 point roll cage with “X” braced hoop behind driver and a minimum of 3 door bars with vertical bracing from top to bottom. Where bars connect to frame must be minimum ¼” steel plate welded to frame in a secure and safe manner. May run front and rear bars for strength and safety.
15. Aftermarket wing/spoiler OK on rear of car.
16. Engine:(170hp max)
Stock 4 cylinder engine only. Engine must remain stock as delivered by the factory and must remain in stock location. NO Cosworth or rotary engines allowed. NO turbo-charged or supercharged engines allowed. All engines must be made by the manufacturer in which the car is made (IE honda in Honda Chevy in chevy etc) NO factory or after-market high performance components
- 2 -
will be allowed in the engine or drive train. Stock carburetor or fuel injection system for the make and model of car being competed only. Stock production air filter element required. NO high performance will be allowed. (K&N ok) NO cold air system allowed. Cone type must be bolted to
intake. Only water allowed in radiator and cooling system. NO anti-freeze allowed. May remove exhaust pipe and mufflers. Exhaust manifold can remain stock or header with pipes extending beyond driver’s seat, parallel to the ground. Single cam engines Weight-2100 lbs , Duel cams 2300lbs
minimum for Open Diff, add 100lbs for locked diff ..
Only stock suspension parts allowed. NO cutting or lightening of
suspension parts allowed. Springs MAY NOT be heated or shortened to lower car. NO adjustable strut bushing or altering of stock location on shocks and struts.
Functional four wheel OEM braking system must remain stock with no bias
adjusters or shut offs allowed.
19. WHEELS & TIRES:
Any wheel 7in wide max (Bead locks ok) Tires DOT only NO mudd /Ruff Tires...
May lock the differential.
Aluminum racing seat with minimum 5 point racing harness is required. A Fire Extinguisher with gauge, mounted in quick release harness in reach of driver is MANDATORY.
Seats & Belts: Passenger seat and rear seat must be removed.
22. ANYTHING TO PROMOTE SAFETY MAY BE ADDED WITH APPROVAL FROM TECH. $25 visual protest must be filed 30 minutes before Main event.
23. FUEL SYSTEM
If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle; it may be used or it can be removed and replaced with a fuel cell. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle it must be removed and replaced with a maximum 8 gallon fuel cell, enclosed in steel can, mounted securely and centered in trunk. In either case there must be a metal firewall between fuel tank/cell and drivers compartment. If car uses electric fuel pump it must be wired to shut off when car is not running. May run pump gas OR Racing fuel ONLY.
24. After 3 wins, driver must start his/her next race from the rear. ONLY exception is big money race or special event as deemed by management.
25 . Tuned ecm and header (ok)
26. All cars must meet track safety rules....